Friday, September 15, 2017

Stash Digging


I recently sorted through my stash and found a large package of felt snowflakes I'd had for years and decided it was time to use them. This card is Island Indigo with pool party mats on both borders. I used a CB snowflake ef for the horizontal border and a piece of retired SU! dsp for the vertical panel. The blue snowflake was by SU! and I used a punched snowflake for the center done with a MS punch. The sentiment is by Northwoods and the final touch was adding some aqua Nuvo glitter drops.


This version has the colors reversed and I used a larger Lawn Fawn stitched snowflake die cut with a smaller felt snowflake in the center. This dsp is a long-time favorite BG that I've hoarded because I love it! Now is the time to use it and stop hoarding!! The embossed panel was done with a Sizzix EF.


And here's another using more retired SU! dsp, some smokey slate cardstock, a Darice ef, and a different MS punched snowflake. I switched this one up a little bit by placing the embossed panel underneath the vertical panel. I don't know which one I like better?

I'm sharing this with the Jingle Belles Christmas challenge which is a Tic-Tac-Toe grid this week. I used the center line up and down which is Snow, Card Stock and Blue.


To show you how determined I was to use up those felt snowflakes, I made a whole group of 43 cards using this simple sketch. I now have a serious jump on my Christmas stash and it's only September! Better yet, all of those felt snowflakes are now gone! poof!


Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!

Carol


14 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! Such a Goal!!! :D Not only you used all the big package of felt snowflakes but you created a big array of Christmas cards in a short time!! Clever lady! You rock, my friend!! Lovely designs in blue tones and I can see in the last photo such amazing red cards, too! :D Very well done!

Aquarius said...

Wow you have been busy, well done for making so many seasonal cards and for using up the 'found' snowflakes.

Janice M said...

WOW! You go girl!! Love the sketch you used, those cards are beautiful! I really need to get on the ball and pick a card design for my own personal Christmas cards.
















Barb said...

A lovely set of cards. Great work Carol. They look very different in the colourways you've chosen. Great design work. Barbxx

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Holy Moley, Carol! You sure were on a mission! I am lucky to make one little old card, today. Glad you used up those snowflakes. Ohhhh I see the gingerbread man card peeking out... I must get busy and use mine! Very nice assortment.

cotnob said...

You certainly have been busy Carol, a wonderful collection of cards - such a fabulous design for batch making.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I'm so impressed all the way around! Not only did you actually use up ALL those snowflakes you made fabulous cards with them. Great jump start on your stash.

I love it when people post about "I found this in the my craft room and now I shall use it all up" and then they do!!! I dream of being able to do that. I sometimes can use some of the things but get distracted by something shiny and never use them all up. That's assuming I got started in the first place.

I recently dug through my Halloween stash and discovered lots of "found" cool embellishments that I really need to use. If I were to actually use them I wouldn't need to make Halloween cards for years!

Jean said...

Goodness me!! you have been busy. It's a great idea to use the same sketch but make them all look so different by mixing up the colours and patterns. A wonderful array of cards and a lovely way to use your found felt snowflakes.
Jean x

Wendy said...

All I can say is...WOW WOW WOW! Dang Carol, you were on a roll making these and certainly not playing around! Glad that you could use up all those felt snowflakes! I have a big zippy bag full of them that you may have inspired me to use up soon! These care all fantastic and I love the design! Quick & simple! TFS and have yourself a great weekend! Hugs~

Debbie said...

Wow, Carol!! I've made 10 Christmas card this week and until I saw this post, I thought I was doing well. LOL
These are beautiful!!

aussie aNNie said...

Busy lady and with fantastic results in these great Christmas collection.xx[aNNie]

SmilynStef said...

Those big snowflakes are my favorite ... I think I've almost used all of mine up, but there are likely a few still hiding somewhere ... so very glad you played Tic-Tac-Toe with us this week at jingle belles.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well done, love the cards, love the colours and the snowflakes.
Faith
x

lauren bergold said...

holy moly: 43 cards!!!! AND you used up all of those awesome snowflakes! beyond amazing, especially since the cards themselves are sooooooooooooo GORGEOUS!!! thanks for playing tic-tac-toe with us at JINGLE BELLES!!! ♥